"the filters" - no filter project - part I


Olá a todos, decidi escrever este texto em inglês de modo a tentar alcançar mais pessoas que pudessem ler sobre o que é este projeto, peço-vos que por favor não levem a mal :) Grata,
Joana    


On the 24th of August of 2016, I decided I wanted to create a project that quickly came into my head as soon as I saw an art competition on facebook. 


    I have been working on something that only a few people know about - it's something called "No Filter" and hopefully you will all know about it very soon;

    When I had to answer some questions on the competition website, they've asked me what inspires me.... And as I had to do the whole photographic project in one day and had very little time to complete it and do it as I wanted to do it, I tried my best to give a full answer of what inspires me entirely. This is a pretty simple question with a very simple answer. The answer is people.

    People inspire me the most. And of course nature, but people were always my main source of inspiration. The most terrible aspects of the human being as well as the great virtues that some people possess is something that has always made me want to write, first of all.
I think writing was the first way I tried to express myself. So I wrote a lot and still write, since I was little. 

   Now this project called "The Filters" is the first and probably the most simple project inside the whole "No Filter" concept.

    Here I decided to capture all the filters a young female adult can have. And what I mean by this is that we all have our filters and we use them in the way we look at people. 
    It is very difficult to look at someone and see their true self, many times we ourselves can not see our true selves.

So for that reason I used these sentences regarding how other people - from the closest person in my social life to society - look at us and what filters they use. 

I hope you enjoy these photos. I loved the process of creating this project.

See you soon!

love,

Joana


















Comentários

Mensagens populares